Self Care Class Level 1
Dates: September 15th -17th, 2017
Friday 6pm-9pm, Saturday 9:30am-6pm, Sunday 9:30am-6pm
Location: Petone Community Center, Petone, Lower Hutt
Cost: $350NZD PLUS $98 USD admin/tithe or Early Bird Fee: $325NZD PLUS $98 USD admin/tithe fee (if register by August 31st, 2017)
Treatment day and workshops
Raglan, New Zealand
more details to be announced soon!
Coming end of June/early July 2017
~New Zealand Self Care Level 1 Training ~ CANCELED
Location: SandCastle, Pohara, Golden Bay
Date: June 23rd -25th
For Registration or more information go to: https://arvigotherapy.com/content/self-care-training-june-2017-stein
Dear Beautiful People,
I trust the spring/fall (depending on your hemisphere) is treating you well.
This newsletter covers:
Upcoming workshops in Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Update on November events
1. There is a Pelvic Floor Restore Workshop in Wellington on Saturday 5 of November by Feldenkrais practitioner Brenda Stickley. This is designed specifically for women suffering from prolapse: all kinds including uterine, bladder and bowel prolapse. Brenda has been so kind as to extend the early bird registration discount to my clients until tomorrow Friday 28 October.
If you’d like to go deeper with pelvic floor care and restoration, this class is wonderful and is a good price. Brenda had a prolapse herself after her first baby and has given herself new-found freedom and less pelvic pain since doing these exercises. Feldenkrais is a gentle body, mind movement exercise aimed at restoring the brain-body balance. The class will be held at 1 Marion Street, Te Aro, Wellington Saturday 5 November, 1:30-5:30pm.
The early bird cost for Brenda’s class is $80 until Friday 28 October. Make sure to mention my name to get the discount extension.
You can find out more about the course or register here:
2. The Wellington Go Green Expo is 12-13 November. Please share this information with friends and family. If you register here at the link below by Monday 31October, tickets are free! Act fast as this offer is good only until Monday. There are up to 2 free tickets per registration. Use this link and please share with your friends:
3. On Tuesday 15 November 6:30pm-7:30/8pm, I’ll be hosting another Wellington perineal steam workshop (women only please). Location Koru Hub, 118 The Parade, Island Bay, Wellington. Cost: $10. Time: 6:30pm until 7:30/8pm. RSVP isn’t necessary, but helpful. You can call or email me to find out more information. Light teas and refreshments provided.
4. I’ll be traveling up to Hamilton and offering a treatment day Friday 25 November at Sacred Balance, 32 O’ Neil Street. Bookings are limited, so please make an appointment as soon as you are able. You can call or email to make the booking. I have three spaces left.
Here’s to our health and to a happy and healthy uterus!
News For Sept. 2016: Practice Changes, An Upcoming Workshop, Two Talks And A Traveling Treatment Day
Lot’s happening now as I get underway making Wellington home. Below is the list of what is going on here in the Windy City and beyond so you are fully informed! Maybe something will catch your fancy…
1. New Online Booking System is Up and Running:
We have a new booking system at Aroha Acupuncture. It’s actually new for all of the practitioners at Aroha, so please bear with me as we work the kinks out. If you’d like to make an appointment, you can still email or call, but also feel free to click on the following link:
2. There Is a Slight Change to How I Work and Prices Charged for Arvigo Work:
Second, after much contemplation and tending to many different kinds of people’s needs, I’ve decided to re-work both my pricing and practice. Initial sessions will now only be 1.5 hours long. This is for the safety of all as the work is gentle, yet powerful. Initial sessions will now cost $150.
Follow up prices have been reduced so more people can come in more often, as for many cases, especially, those that have been going on a long time in the body, more than one session is needed. To really create long lasting changes I advise at the minimum 3 sessions, while others, need at least 4 to 6. While at the same time, there will still be those people that are sweet after just one session.
3. 25% off Sale for Therapeutic, Relaxation, or Pregnancy Massage Until the End of Sept. This offer is only for non-Arvigo work and is valid for current customers and friends and family of current customers. Participants may claim only 1 coupon / person. All you have to do is say you’d like the 25% off at booking or upon the day you arrive to get the deal.
4. Another Treatment Day is Coming up in Hamilton Friday, Sept. 16th.
Sam and I will be traveling again to Hamilton middle of Sept. Let me know if you are keen to book an appointment. I’m seeing clients one day only, so book in while you can. For the time being you’ll need to call or email to book in an appointment in Hamilton.
5. Several Talks and One Arvigo® Workshop are Coming Soon in Wellington
The order of workshops and information about each one is listed below.
Thursday Sept. 1st @ 7pm until 8pm: A Pelvic Steam How to Workshop. For women only.
Location: Aroha Acupuncture, 75 Ghuznee Street, 6th floor, Te Aro Wellington (next to Glover Park).
No one will actually be doing a steam but I will have all the supplies needed so you can
see how easy it is to do in your own home. Come learn why doing this ancient world wide
healing art is good for your body and oh, so soothing. Light refreshments will be provided.
Suggested 5 dollar donation. Please RSVP: 022 046 6152
Saturday Sept. 3rd One Day Workshop: Hands On Health the Maya Way
Location: Island, Bay (the address given upon completion of registration)
Cost: $115 NZD Regular, $110 NZD Early Bird (by or before Aug. 29th) + $20 USD tithe/admin fee
Course goes over the basic belly massage technique that is famous to Arvigo Therapy for personal use only. We will also go over the other modalities used in Arvigo therapy such as perineal steaming, using
a castor pack, basic anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive system, and digestion.
Tuesday Sept. 6th @ 7pm until 8pm: Arvigo Therapy®: What it is and How it Helps with a Wide Range of Digestive and Reproductive Concerns
Location: Koru Hub, 118 The Parade, Island Bay
Suggested $2 gold coin donation. Tea provided.
Until next time, thanks for checking in!
Location: Island Bay, Wellington (exact location given upon registration)
Date & Times: July 15-17, 2016
Fri. 5:30pm -8:30 pm
Sun. 9am -4:30pm
*light healthy snacks and teas provided.
As based on the teachings & teachings of Dr. Rosita Arvigo. This is the pre-requisite course for the Professional Care Training, which is happening in Australia in August 2016.
What is Self-Care Level 1 Training? This course is about learning the techniques of Self-Care massage to apply for your own personal use only and is taught as taught by the Arvigo Institute. Additional topics range from basic anatomy and physiology of the reproductive system, digestion, common reproductive issues, emotional armoring and the history and lineage of the work. Other supportive healing modalities are introduced such as perineal or vaginal steaming, using castor packs, and hip swaddling (faja). This class is also the pre-requisite for all those wanting to go onto become fully licensed Arvigo Practitioners, which educates licensed practitioners on how to perform this technique on others.
Who can attend a Self-Care Workshop?
Open to anyone wanting to deepen their connection and understanding of the body. This course is open to men and women, and is especially useful for those challenged by digestive and reproductive issues or those just wanting to stay healthy. Must be at least 14 years of age or older or a mature young adult.
Continuing Education / CEUS - Approved Provider for:
• Midwifery Education under Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC) – 17 contact hours
• National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) – 17.5 CE hours
• National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) – 18 PDA points
Cost: $350 NZD + $98 USD admin fee/tithe or Early Bird Special: $300 NZD + $98 USD admin fee/tithe (if paid before July 11th-early bird has been extended from July 7th. This is the last extension). Tuition includes instruction, class manual, handouts, a 30-minute educational session with a Certified Arvigo Practitioner. healthy snacks provided. Spaces are limited, as class is kept small.
Instructor: Elizabeth Stein has Certification in Arvigo Therapy® (1 of under 1500 people world wide) and is a teacher of Arvigo Therapy® Self-Care Level 1. Elizabeth is a Massage Therapist (since 2005), Energy Medicine (including Reiki) practitioner, White Winds Energy Medicine Level 1 graduate, a Tami Lynn Kent practitioner, and has doula training.
Register for the course by going to:
*Special note: $98 USD goes straight to the head office for admin fees and tithe. Please register online. The remainder class fee is to be paid directly to the teacher, Elizabeth Stein.